Sunday, September 16, 2012

Post Birthday Thoughts

The birthday celebs are over and I am still happy.

Now it's time to face facts and move on from there.

There are some things I realized (again). And I hope I can keep these things in mind always. I should always draw a line between dreams and illusions. Reality bites, slaps, and kicks. I have been beaten by it but I still have not learned a few lessons.

1. I am not a good writer - yes I can write a little. But I am not what you can call a gifted or even a talented one. I can make a few pieces for my personal consumption but it's not those pieces that will sell and provide me with bread and butter.

2. I am not a good cook - I can cook with the aide of recipes and my measuring cups and spoons. But just like in writing, this is not the profession that will bring food on the table. My no bake cheesecake was a bit of a failure but I can at least eat it.

3. Stardom is not for me - I do believe in fate and it is not written in mine that I would be popular as in world star in any field. I can't even have my 15 minutes. So I'll stop fantasizing that I can meet those famous celebs one day.

4. I can be happy in my own universe - this is the place where I have a wonderful family and equally wonderful friends. Who needs those phony people in showbiz when I am a star in these people's eyes.

5. I am not too old to fall in love - Even if it is not written in my fate to be a star, it is written that I would one day find that man who I can start my own family with. I should always open my heart to new people.

I got older by a year and I should also grow more mature and be more realistic. I hope that I can keep this things by heart because they would not only protect me fro heartaches but they will also open opportunities for me to mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment