I miss the "Gokusen" series.
It is a Japanese series that features the life of an idealistic high school teacher who has a Yakuza family background. Every series features the daily struggles of a teacher and problems faced by students. The episodes are actually repetitive and the problems of the kids are similar to one another. Even the flow of the story is predictable. A student gets beaten up, threatened to be expelled, and Yankumi comes to the rescue. But I don't get tired of it.
There were three seasons and one movie. I heard that there would be no possibility of a fourth one because the comic book ended already. Too bad because the fans are willing to support the new one if there would be one.
I am a teacher too maybe that's why I like it. But I gotta admit I am not that crazy for my students as she is. And of course, I cannot fight like that though I wish I could. I wish I have watched this when I taught high school a few years back. I might have learned a thing or two from her. I was given an advisory class of not so bright kids and borderline delinquents. I tried to be a good one but my patience is not as long when dealing with adolescents.
Anyway, I think I'll just replay the old ones. Ciao for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment