Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Blues

The Christmas season is the busiest time of the year in this country. As early as September, people are already preparing for that one grand day. I'm a Catholic and I'm a believer. I love celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. I share, I party, I shop.

It's just that lately, I am getting tired. Maybe it's because of the age. I just can't stand the number of people in the malls and tiangges. A lot of times I find myself computing how much I need to spend just to buy all those gifts. In parties, I don't enjoy alcohol that much. I am not very interested in conversation as well. I enjoyed getting together with some high school classmates and singing with my fellow teachers but after the affair, I can't seem to remember why I was so happy in the first place.

I can't say I'm lonely. I have my family to keep me up and about. Maybe I'm just bored and getting out with friends is not the thing that I want to do right now.

I almost forgot, it's my Dad's birthday today. Happy birthday Dad!

Anyway, I have been sleeping at six in the morning and waking up at three in the afternoon. I always get that feeling that life had passed me by when I wake up. Maybe I should start with forcing myself to sleep earlier.

Tomorrow I could try that; but now, I think I'll stay up late and do some more writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment