I have complained a lot of times how twenty four hours doesn't seem to be enough for me to complete my job and do the things I love and fulfill my personal responsibilities. But still, I am trying to do my very best to accomplish tasks and reach goals. However, I have come to realize that even if my mind is willing to do all it takes to give everything my best shot, I am not as young as I used to.
My energy is not as high as it used to be.I am having difficulty going through the day if I lack sleep when in college I used to go for weeks with just an hour or two of it. Before, I can still manage to meet up with my ex and hang out with my barkada on a school night. Now, I can't even insert my planned daily run. When I get home, I just feel so exhausted all I want to do is watch my favorite soap opera and surf the net.
Now, I have another regret. That is, I wish I had this mindset to be the best in everything I do when I was much younger.I could have graduated with honors in college.I could have landed a better job. I could have fulfilled my responsibilities to this family a long time ago had I been as determined as I am now.
I could have waited until I had enough money to party. I could have managed my time better in high school. I wish I wasn't contented with a 3 in my class card. I wish I knew the importance of hard work. I was too boastful, too confident. I wish I wasn't aware that I was smart enough to get through those exams without reviewing.
But it's all in the past and I can't bring that time back.
I still have now.
And even if I am much slower than I used to, I still can.
No comments:
Post a Comment