Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby Steps to Getting Better

I made it!

I made the perfect week. No late! Not even a single minute. I took a picture of my time card but the print is so light I can barely see it. I will continue this for the rest of the school year.

I discovered that it’s a lot easier to work when you are not in a hurry. While it is true that my brain can’t seem to function unless I am aware that the deadline is about to come, I have come to realize that it is all psychological. I have been so used to cramming that I have forgotten how’s it like to work without worrying if I will make it or not.

So now, I want to say goodbye to cramming. I would miss the challenge but it’s much easier this way. I am not getting any younger and it’s time to show my subordinates that I can be a model teacher.

I am holding on to my promise of making myself better. This is just the first step. I am excited at the prospect of seeing a better me. I want to let go of my insecurities and the rare self loathing. I am embracing the world of being a good and disciplined woman.

Age is just a number. I would like to believe that I am not too old to undergo change. I have to prepare myself emotionally and psychologically. I have been in my comfort zone for so long and it is only now that I am learning my mistakes. Now, I am ready to move on and I know it’s not too late. I am still young. I have a lot of future in front of me and I still have a lot of time to learn new things.
Maybe when I am better, the man for me will come. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment