Saturday, June 2, 2012

Videoke Time

It's videoke weekend again for my neighbors. I hate the noise and the fact that many of them have terrible voices but I love videoke myself and I know that it's fun to sing even if your voice sounds terrible and you don't know the correct tune.

When my pals and I go out for videoke, we have our favorite pieces. Mine is as follows:

1. Pretty Baby (Vanessa Carlton)
2. Sayang (Claire Dela fuente)
3. Stay (lisa Loeb)
4. I Do (Lisa Loeb)
5. Take This Love (Sergio Mendes)

I don't usually volunteer to sing because my friends literally have to wrestle with each other just to have their turn. With their voices, I feel like a lost kid. They sing very well. Me? I can carry a tune and sing with feelings but I am not sure if anybody would even ask me for a repeat. But everytime I get a chance to, I sing at the top of my lungs and with all my heart.

When I am singing with my friends I imagine myself singing onstage with a live band. The music drowns out my voice and a bottle or two of alcohol gives me the confidence I need to stand in front of an audience.

I will admit that I once dreamed of being a singer or an actress. I wanted to have fame and fortune. I wanted to see my face on billboards or on the pages of my favorite magazines. I wanted to live on the spotlight. But that was when I was young. That was before I realized I don't have the looks nor the talent to be a star.

Good thing videokes are here. I can still perform in front of an audience. A forgiving audience called friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment