Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pre-Valentine musings

There is nothing worthy to write about.

How do I feel now?

The usual.

It's Ash Wednesday. I was not able to go to church. I was late for the early morning mass and late for the last evening mass. But I am and will be commemorating the Holy week with the rest of the Catholics in the world. We are sad right now because of the Pope's resignation but I admire him for his humility.

Oh! It's Valentine's day tomorrow and flowers are selling like hotcakes. I wish to receive even a single rose tomorrow. Chocolates and stuffed toys would be nice too. But heck! I have no love life right now. I might as well buy me some flowers. But I don't want just any other flower. It would be nice to receive asters or daisies or sunflowers - in a pot with the roots on so that I can nurture it and make it grow.

Valentine's was never an occasion for me. In my entire life I have only received two roses from two different guys and the rest are from my students. Even when I was in a relationship, my exes never celebrated it with me.

I guess, as they say, when you are truly in love, everyday is Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment